Sunday, August 18, 2013



Butter Beans & Chorizo

I've never known how to go about cooking beans before, but I was inspired by a breakfast I had in Auckland at Andiamo, who make the best Bloody Mary's I have ever had ~ This concoction is my interpretation of this for dinner.


Ingredients

2 cans of butter beans
2 cans of tomatoes 
1 large onion
4 cloves of garlic
thyme
200 grams of chorizo 
olive oil
pepper and salt
100 grams parmesan
pinch of smoked paprika.

Instructions


It is extremely simple really, basically all you need to do is stir fry the onion, garlic, chorizo and thyme, then add the canned beans and stir fry for 3 - 5 minutes.

Add canned tomatoes, smoked paprika, pepper and salt, and simmer. Serve with steamed broccoli and toasted garlic pita bread, with parmesan on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment